To start trading in Kenya, you need to register your company with Company Registry and then register with Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA). With the introduction of the Company Act 2015, it only requires a minimum of 1 director. Company director must be 18 years old or over.
The registration process usually takes 2 weeks or less depending on company registry workload and processing speed, your requirements availability and readiness with payment required for eCitizen registration fees.
We are excited that you want to register your limited company and we are happy to get everything started so you can start trading soon. Here are the step by step guide on how we will assist you to register your limited company;
Step 1: Pricing Plans
You will need to select which registration package you prefer;
(I) Lite Plan – Ksh. 20,000 – Includes Company Name Search, Certificate of Incorporation, Memorandum, CR12 Letter only.
(II) Premium Plan – Ksh. 40,000 – Includes Company Name Search, Certificate of Incorporation, Memorandum, CR12 Letter, Company KRA PIN, VAT Registration, Tax Compliance Certificate Registration, Lipa Na Mpesa Account Registration, Business Cash Advance Facility, Masterpass QR Registration, Website Design, SSL Certificate for Website, Domain Name (.COM or .CO.KE), Web Hosting (10GB Diskspace), Unlimited Company Email Accounts, Logo Design, Business Card Design, Letterhead Design and Business Consultancy.
Step 2: Requirement Form
Please download and fill this Requirement Form below with your information.
Click on this link to download the Company Registration Requirements Form [Word Version, 3 Pages, Size: 19.7KB]
Step 3: Registration Order
Once you complete your company requirement form, you will need to upload it to the registration order below and submit your order.
How much does it cost to register a Limited Company?
Limited Company registration cost varies depending on your needs. We currently offer two (2) package plans as shown below;
1. Lite Plan – Ksh. 20,000 – Includes Name Search, Certificate of Incorporation, Memorandum Only.
2. Premium Plan – Ksh. 40,000 – Includes Company Name Search, Certificate of Incorporation, Memorandum, CR12 Letter, Company KRA PIN, VAT Registration, Tax Compliance Certificate Registration, Lipa Na Mpesa Account Registration, Business Cash Advance Facility, Masterpass QR Registration, Website Design, SSL Certificate for Website, Domain Name (.COM or .CO.KE), Web Hosting (10GB Diskspace), Unlimited Company Email Accounts, Logo Design, Business Card Design, Letterhead Design and Business Consultancy.
What are the benefits I can get from registering with Dealpoa?
Here are some of the benefits you’ll get when you register with us;
- Company Name – You will need to come up with company name suggestions so we can help you perform a name search to check availability for registration.
- Company Registration – You will need to collect the director(s) details, company details and proof of identity documents. You’ll find the requirement form at the end of this article.
- Company KRA PIN – We usually apply for company PIN for our Premium Plan customers after the company has been registered. Your company PIN will be sent to your email address once we have registered on the iTax system.
- VAT Registration – Kenya Revenue Authority now offers VAT feature that can be displayed on your company KRA PIN. But in order to have that, you will need the VAT obligation to be activated.
- Tax Compliance Certificate – We will assist you to apply for Tax Compliance Certificate for your Company.
- Logo Design – Our partner design company will help you create a unique logo that will help you communicate with your customers about the products/services you are offering.
- Business Card Design – Even in the Digital Age, Business Cards matter when setting up a company. It helps you get attention and show your business personality.
- Letterhead Design – Looking to improve your business credibility and show some professionalism in your business communication, then get your stunning letterhead design today.
- Domain Name and Web Hosting – You will get the option to choose from .com or .co.ke domain name based on its availability. Web Hosting will have a capacity of 10GB Disk space and unlimited company email accounts.
- Website Design – All website design are built to the latest standards and incorporate a mobile responsive framework – meaning they will adapt to any device your users visit them on whether desktop/laptop/tablet/smartphone. We will also offer SSL Certificate for 1 year that will authenticate the identity of the website and provide encryption on your website information.
- Lipa Na Mpesa Account – We can help you set-up a Lipa Na Mpesa Account for your business once it has been registered. You’ll be able to accept payment from customers using Lipa Na M-Pesa BuyGoods.
- Business Cash Advance – We are happy to introduce this new product through our partnership with Kopokopo. You can now build your credit record for your business and access Cash Advance that will help you grow your business.
- Business Coaching – Take your business to the next level with our online business coaching program. We help businesses to start, run and grow.
How long does Limited Company take to be registered?
Name search – 1-2 working days (Subject to Company Registry workload and working days)
Preparation of Form CR1, Form CR2 Memorandum, Form CR8 – 2 working days (Subject to your company requirements provided)
Company Registry – 5-7 working days (Subject to Company Registry workload and working days)
What do I make payment for registration to start?
Option 1: Pay Using Lipa Na Mpesa
Go to M-pesa option on your phone
Select “Lipa Na Mpesa” or “Buy Goods” from the M-PESA menu.
Enter the Till Number – 975966
Enter the exact amount of the sale
Enter PIN, confirm details and await receipt.
(If you opted for Lipa Na Mpesa option, you won’t incur any transaction fees. You will receive a message from Safaricom indicating payment has been made to Dealpoa Nairobi, Please email us the transaction ID so we can confirm and begin registration immediately.)
Option 2: Pay Using Bank
Bank Name: Co-operative Bank
Account Name: Dealpoa Services
Account Number: 01109201108000
Branch Name: Parliament Road
BIC Code: KCOOKENA
(If you choose Bank Deposit option, please scan and email us the bank slip so we can confirm payment and begin processing the service rendered immediately.)
How many directors do I need to have in my company?
At the moment, Company Registry only allows a minimum of 1 director and a maximum of 7 directors. If you have more than 7 people, they will be added to the company as Shareholders.