skip to Main Content

To open a branch or subsidiary in Kenya of an existing foreign company, you will need to register for a Certificate of Compliance. You must provide a copy of your Certificate of Incorporation, a copy of Memorandum and a Company Tax Registration Certificate of the existing foreign company.

These documents need to be certified as genuine by a Public Notary. You will also be required to provide details of the intended/actual physical location of your business in Kenya.

You will need an agent in Kenya to represent you in the application process; who will be able to provide their ID and KRA PIN as well as sign Form 238 on your behalf. You will also need to have an Alien ID, in order to open an eCitizen account as a foreigner.

IMPORTANT: Please note that we currently do not offer Option 3 registration process at the moment.

Back To Top