Are you looking to register your KRA PIN/VAT for your Limited Company? You will need to perform Data Loading first in order to have your PIN registered. Follow the step by step instructions below;
Step 1: Prepare All relevant documentation
You will need to make photocopy of the following documents that will be requested by KRA staff.
- Copy of Certificate of Incorporation
- Copy of KRA PIN for one of the directors (This is optional however just take it with you just in case they request for it)
You will also need to take the original copy of following documents with you;
- Certificate of Incorporation
- Memorandum & Article of Association
- ID/Passport/Driving License – to be used to access the KRA Times Tower building
This will be used to proof that the company has been registered and if it’s legit.
Step 2: Data Loading Section
If you are in Nairobi, you will need to go to KRA Times Tower. Once you have gone through the security and shown your identification. You will need to proceed to the Data Loading Section which is situated on ground floor. You can ask any KRA personnel to show you the place.
If you are not in Nairobi, then you can also ask KRA personnel from any of the below locations if they are able to assist you to perform the data loading;
- MOMBASA SOUTH – Customs House, P.O. Box 90520 – 80100, Fax no. (041) 2312256, TEL. (041) 231292/30, 2314044/5
- MOMBASA NORTH – Customs House, Nyerere Street, P.O. Box 85745 – 80100, Fax no. 041 – 2313639, Tel. No.041- 2314044/313753, Fax No. 041-227624
- KISUMU – Swan Centre, 1st Flour, Oginga Odinga Road, P.O. Box 1970 – 40100, Tel. No. 054- 2020509, Fax No. 054– 202075, 2020198
- THIKA – Thika House, P.O. Box 132 – 01000, Tel. No 067-21701-5, Fax No.067 – 22595/30561
- NAKURU – Generation House, Kenyatta Avenue, P.O. Box 270 – 20100, Tel. No.051-2213891, Fax No.051 – 2215239
- EMBU – Wanjiru Centre, Kubu Kubu Road, P.O. Box 495 – 60100, Tel. No. 068 – 31360, Fax No. 068 – 30263
- GARISSA – Garissa KRA Office, P.O. Box 1145 – 70100, Tel. No. 046210–2580/2114
- MALINDI – Malindi Complex, Lamu Road, P.O. Box 587 – 80200, Tel. 042 –2130955, Fax No.042- 2130955
- KISII – Umoja Complex, Hospital Road, P.O. Box 7464200 – 40200, Tel. No. 058–30908, Direct Line 05830915, Fax No. 058-30925
- MACHAKOS – Utisi House, P.O. Box 756-90100, Tel. 044-20232, Directline 21348, Fax No. 044 – 20358
- KERICHO – D.C.’S Office, P.O. Box 796 – 20200, Tel. No. 052–20104, Direct Line 21122, Fax No.052 – 20108
- NYERI – Premier Building, Kanisa Road, P.O. Box 149/677 – 10100, Tel. No. 061 – 2030728, Fax No. 061 – 2032721
- VOI – Portter House, P.O. Box 644 – 80300, Tel No. 043- 2030297, Fax No. 043-0231120
- ELDORET – Kiptagich House, Uganda House, P.O. Box 655 – 30100, Fax (053) 2032721, Tel No. (053) 2062300
- KAKAMEGA – Ambwere complex, Kakamega/Webuye Road, P.O. Box 1776 – 50100, Fax (056) 31282, Tel No. (056) 30358
- BUNGOMA – Moghe Plaza, Moi avenue, Bungoma Town, P.0. Box 2576 – 50200, Fax (055)30566, Tel No. (053) 30543, (053) 30841
- MERU – Angaine Plaza, Off Tom Mboya street, P.O. Box 256 – 60200, Fax (068) 32198, Tel No. (064) 30713/31660
PS: If the above contact details are not accurate or up-to date, kindly visit KRA Official website to find out more information
Step 3: Document Verification
You will be requested by the staff to handover the Original & Copy of Certificate of Incorporation plus the original Memorandum & Article of Association. They will check if the Certificate of Incorporation has been registered at Company Registry and if the Memorandum & Article of Association has a stamp duty on page 2. In the event that the documents has issues, KRA will carry out a validity check into the documentation that will take up-to 7 days or less.
Step 4: Duration
The process shouldn’t take too long, however this depends on the size of the queue and the number of KRA personnel available to assist. Estimated time: 30 mins.
Once everything has been done, KRA staff will return back your original documents and keep the photo copies. You will now be instructed to go and have it registered online.
Step 5: Finally…
Now that you have completed the Data Loading process, you can request for registration of your KRA PIN/VAT with us.