We are happy to inform you that our company will be having a huge discount…
Kenya is becoming one of the best-emerging markets in Africa.
With the development of various sectors in Kenya, this has attracted many international and local investors. With this developments, there has been an increase in demand for investment companies that can facilitate the demands.
In this article, you’ll find information that will assist you with preparation in setting up your investment company.
Naming the company
The name of any business is most important as it tells all about the business. Hence, now, you have to choose the name of the business. It is always advised to choose minimum two names so that when one is not available the other can be used. Please note that if you are registering a limited company, make sure that your company name ends with either ‘Limited’ or ‘Ltd’.
You can be able to perform a name search for your company through eCitizen to see if it is available. Once the name search result is approved, it will be reserved for up-to 30 days. You’ll need to register your company within that period.
Before getting registered, Company Registration Form (Form CR1), Memorandum (Form CR2), Notice of Residential Address of Director(s) of Company (Form CR8) and Statement of Nominal Capital (Stamp Duty Form), has to be prepared. These four (4) documents are important as they state about the scope of business, the shareholding of the company, among others. The article of association will describe the regulations of the company based on which it will run.
Once you’ve signed those company documents, Company Registry will process them and issue a certificate of incorporation and CR12 Letter.
Foreign Investment Company
If you are a foreigner looking to set up an investment company in Kenya, there are always additional requirements that you will need to comply with. In the process of company registration, there are four ways of setting up a foreign company as shown below;
- Register a Foreign Company with a Kenyan Partner as Director
- Register a Foreign Company with Nominee Director
- Opening a Branch of an Existing Foreign Company
- Register a Foreign Company Fully Owned by Foreign Nationals
- Acquire an Existing Company Previously Owned by Kenyans
You can see a full step by step guide for foreign company registration.
Are You Ready? Register Your Company Today!
We are excited that you want to register your limited company and we are happy to get everything started so you can start trading soon. Here are the step by step guide on how we will assist you to register your limited company;
Step 1: Pricing Plans
You will need to select which registration package you prefer;
- Lite Plan – Ksh. 20,000 – Includes Company Name Search, Certificate of Incorporation, Memorandum, CR12 Letter only.
- Premium Plan – Ksh. 40,000 – Includes Company Name Search, Certificate of Incorporation, Memorandum, CR12 Letter, Company KRA PIN, VAT Registration, Tax Compliance Certificate Registration, Lipa Na Mpesa Account Registration, Business Cash Advance Facility, Masterpass QR Registration, Website Design, SSL Certificate for Website, Domain Name (.COM or .CO.KE), Web Hosting (10GB Disk Space), Unlimited Company Email Accounts, Logo Design, Business Card Design, Letterhead Design and Business Consultancy.
Step 2: Requirement Form
Please download and fill this Requirement Form below with your information.
Click on this link to download the Company Registration Requirements Form [Word Version, 3 Pages, Size: 19.7KB]
Step 3: Registration Order
Once you complete your company requirement form, you will need to upload it on the registration order below and submit your order.
Limited Company Registration Order
Photo Courtesy of Born2Invest.com