We are happy to inform you that our company will be having a huge discount…
To start an agribusiness, you need to do your homework. You need to do some research on the viability of your agribusiness based on what products you will be selling to customers.
In this article, I will outline what you need to have in order to register an agribusiness limited company.
Step 1: Company Registration Requirements
To setup a limited company for your agribusiness business, you will need to prepare the following information and documents in order to start off the registration process;
- Company Name – it’s ideal to come up with 2-3 company name suggestions that we can help you find its availability.
- Nature of Business – What business activities will your agribusiness do? For example fruits, farming, animals, fertilizers, coffee, tea.
- Director(s) details – we will require the following details from each of the directors;
- Full names of directors (As shown on ID or Passport)
- Occupation – for example, farmer, businessman, businesswoman
- Postal address – you will need to provide a postal address for each of the company directors.
- Residential address – you will need to give us your house number or LR number, house name or building name, street/road name, town.
- Shares allocation – how much ownership will each director have in the company e.g. 60%/40%, 50%/50%, if you are just the sole director then you can have 100% share ownership. Remember that the total number of shares available by default is 1,000 shares.
Company Registry has introduced a new rule that requires all company director(s)/shareholder(s) who are registering a new company to provide the following documentation as proof of their identity;
- Copy of KRA PIN Certificate – for Kenyan citizens, if you are a foreigner, you won’t be required to provide this document.
- Copy of ID/Passport – make sure you scan both the front and back side of the ID.
- Photo – coloured photo of each director/shareholder with a clear background.
Step 2: Company Name Search
Your suggested company names will be forwarded to our Registration Team so that it can be submitted to the Company Registry. The process will take up to 2 working days.
Step 3: Memorandum & Other Documents
Once the name search is complete, the Memorandum & other documents (Form CR1, CR2, CR8) preparation will begin. We will email it to you with instructions on how to sign the relevant pages. Once you’ve signed the documents, you will need to send the documents to us through our Delivery Team or we can pick it up from you using our courier services.
Step 4: Certificate of Incorporation
Company Registry usually takes around up-to 5 working days to process your document and signing of the certificate of incorporation. Once the certificate of incorporation has been issued, we will pick it up from Company Registry and deliver it to you. If you leave outside Nairobi, we will send the documents to you using G4S or another preferred courier for Free within Kenya. Please note international delivery will incur additional cost.
Step 5: KRA PIN for Company
Your company will need to acquire KRA PIN certificate so you can open a bank account for your agribusiness. Data loading and registration using iTax system are required to be carried out in order to get company PIN. We only offer this service with our Premium Plan Package.
Step 6: AGPO Certificate
You can apply for AGPO Certificate if your company is looking to supply Government with your products. AGPO will help your company access tenders opportunities that are reserved for youth, women, and persons with disability. Here are some of the requirements you need to have in order to apply for AGPO Certificate;
- Identity Card(s)/Passport(s)
- Business Registration Certificate (for Sole Proprietor or Partnership)
- Certificate of Incorporation (for Limited Company)
- KRA PIN/VAT Certificate.
- Tax Compliance Certificate.
- Partnership Deed for Partnership Business.
- Memorandum/Articles of Association and CR12 mandatory for Registered Companies.
- For Construction Category – Letter/Certificate from the National Construction Authority
Learn more information from AGPO Official Website
Are You Ready? Register Your Agribusiness Company Today!
We are excited that you want to register your limited company and we are happy to get everything started so you can start trading soon. Here are the step by step guide on how we will assist you to register your limited company;
Step 1: Pricing Plans
You will need to select which registration package you prefer;
Lite Plan – Ksh. 20,000 – Includes Company Name Search, Certificate of Incorporation, Memorandum, CR12 Letter only.
Premium Plan – Ksh. 40,000 – Includes Company Name Search, Certificate of Incorporation, Memorandum, CR12 Letter, Company KRA PIN, VAT Registration, Tax Compliance Certificate Registration, Lipa Na Mpesa Account Registration, Business Cash Advance Facility, Masterpass QR Registration, Website Design, SSL Certificate for Website, Domain Name (.COM or .CO.KE), Web Hosting (10GB Diskspace), Unlimited Company Email Accounts, Logo Design, Business Card Design, Letterhead Design and Business Consultancy.
Step 2: Requirement Form
Please download and fill this Requirement Form below with your information.
Click on this link to download the Company Registration Requirements Form [Word Version, 3 Pages, Size: 19.7KB]
Step 3: Registration Order
Once you complete your company requirement form, you will need to upload it on the registration order below and submit your order.
Limited Company Registration Order
Photo Courtesy of gtreview.com
IMPORTANT! Please note that from time to time, the Government might change the regulations, which might require you to provide additional information to comply with any new procedures introduced. We will keep trying to update this article when we receive any new information.