We are happy to inform you that our company will be having a huge discount…
If you are planning to start your consultancy business in Kenya, then you’ve come to the right place. This article will help you understand the requirement needed to register a consultancy company. It will also outline the costs, duration among others, also how to make an order.
Step 1: Company Registration Requirements
To register a limited company for your consultancy business, you will need to prepare the following information and documents in order to start off the registration process;
- Company Name – you can come up with up-to 2-3 company name suggestions that we can help you find its availability at Huduma Center.
- Nature of Business – list the business activities that you would like your consultancy business to do.
- Director(s) details – we will require the following details from each of the directors;
- Full names of directors (As shown on ID or Passport)
- Occupation – for example, farmer, businessman, businesswoman
- Postal address – you will need to provide a postal address for each of the company directors.
- Residential address – you will need to give us your house number or LR number, house name or building name, street/road name, town.
- Shares allocation – you will need to decide on how to allocate the shares. If your company will have only a sole director, then you can allocate 100% share ownership. But if you have additional directors, then you can split the share ownership such as Director 1 – 60%, Director 2 – 20%, Director 3 – 20%. Remember that the total number of shares available by default is 1,000 shares.
- Proof of Identity documents – Company Registry has introduced a new rule that requires all company director(s)/shareholder(s) who are registering a new company to provide the following documentation as proof of their identity;
- Copy of KRA PIN Certificate – for Kenyan citizens, if you are a foreigner, you won’t be required to provide this document.
- Copy of ID/Passport – make sure you scan both the front and back side of the ID.
- Photo – coloured photo of each director/shareholder with a clear background.
Step 2: Company Name Search
Fill in your company name suggestion on the order form below and we will assist you to perform the name search. The process will take up to 2 working days.
Step 3: Memorandum & Other Documents
Once the name search is complete, the Memorandum & other documents (Form CR1, CR2, CR8) preparation will begin. We will email it to you with instructions on how to sign the relevant pages. Once you’ve signed the documents, you will need to send the documents to us through our Delivery Team or we can pick it up from you using our courier services.
Step 4: Certificate of Incorporation
Company Registry usually takes around up-to 5 working days to process your document and signing of the certificate of incorporation. Once the certificate of incorporation has been issued, we will email it to you. You will also be able to download it from your eCitizen account.
Step 5: KRA PIN for Company
Your company will need to acquire KRA PIN certificate so you can open a bank account for your agribusiness. Data loading and registration using iTax system is required to be carried out in order to get company PIN. We only offer this service with our Premium Plan Package.
Are You Ready? Register Your Company Today!
We are excited that you want to register your limited company and we are happy to get everything started so you can start trading soon. Here are the step by step guide on how we will assist you to register your limited company;
Step 1: Pricing Plans
You will need to select which registration package you prefer;
Lite Plan – Ksh. 20,000 – Includes Company Name Search, Certificate of Incorporation, Memorandum, CR12 Letter only.
Premium Plan – Ksh. 40,000 – Includes Company Name Search, Certificate of Incorporation, Memorandum, CR12 Letter, Company KRA PIN, VAT Registration, Tax Compliance Certificate Registration, Lipa Na Mpesa Account Registration, Business Cash Advance Facility, Masterpass QR Registration, Website Design, SSL Certificate for Website, Domain Name (.COM or .CO.KE), Web Hosting (10GB Diskspace), Unlimited Company Email Accounts, Logo Design, Business Card Design, Letterhead Design and Business Consultancy.
Step 2: Requirement Form
Please download and fill this Requirement Form below with your information.
Click on this link to download the Company Registration Requirements Form [Word Version, 3 Pages, Size: 19.7KB]
Step 3: Registration Order
Once you complete your company requirement form, you will need to upload it on the registration order below and submit your order.
Limited Company Registration Order
Image Courtesy of irblink.com