Here are some of the important dates that each entrepreneurs needs to know about and…
With the launch of iTax system by KRA, it has been difficult to register KRA PIN online. The reason is that KRA has made it a requirement for a Tax Agent to be involved in the registration process.
This is a major changed compared with the previous KRA ITMS system, which used to allowed individuals to register their KRA PIN without the help of a tax agent.
To become KRA Tax Agent, you will need to fill an application form that is available on Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) website and submit it to their offices physically.
Before applying to be a tax agent for KRA, you need to make sure you have the following documents;
- KRA PIN Certificate
- Tax Compliance Certificate
Here is what you will be expected to fill on the application form;
- Name of applicant – Fullnames as shown on your ID/Passport
- PIN number (for example A12345678A)
- Registered/Physical address: Street/Road, Postal Address, Telephone, and Email address
- Professionals: – For professionals applicants, you will be expected to fill the name of profession, name of professional body and the registration number will be required for all professional applicants.
- Non Professionals: – For non-professional applicants, KRA mentions that you need to attach a brief two page curriculum vitae (CV) summarizing your work experience, academic and professional qualifications if any
- Tax Compliance Certificate – Serial Number and Date of Issue will need to be filled in.
After filling the form, you will need to sign the document before submission to KRA. Please note that professional applicants are required by KRA to get endorsement from their professional body.
KRA also has indicated that all persons practising as firms or other legal entities, the certificate of registration shall be issued in the individual names of the proprietors. The form can be downloaded on the KRA website. However, we have provided you with a link below to make it easier for you;
Please note that this application is not for individuals who want to register for KRA PIN, but only for individuals who want to become KRA Tax Agent so they can assist other people to register their KRA PIN.
Here is to your success in becoming a Tax Agent
Image Credit: BusinessDailyAfrica.com